Monday, June 10, 2013

On the road

It's 12pm on Sunday. I've been sleeping off and on for four hours and Colin just woke me up by playing the most obnoxious YouTube video. It's supposed to be for meditation but it sounds like someone sharpening knives and I can't imagine how anyone could stand listening to that for more than thirty seconds.

We are finally on the road. We had planned to leave at 5am (anyone who knows me should know that waking at that hour was entirely Colin's idea) but we didn't wake up till 6:30 due to the fact that we were up so late packing the car last night. I know now that when Colin says he's packed, he still needs to decide which shirts to bring and pack them, as well as organize all the food, transfer some computer files, and THEN begin to determine where to fit it all. (To be fair, my bags took up a lot more space than his did in the end, so I can't really complain.) So by the time we finished packing the cooler and loading our last minute items, then saying our goodbyes, it was 8:00 when we started driving. If this is any indicator of how the rest of our timetable will go, we'll be lucky to make it to California by the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment